My name is Beverly Sussman.
I am running for President of the Village of Buffalo Grove.
I have a history of service to the Village of Buffalo Grove.
What makes ME the best candidate for the job?
- I am qualified for the job.
- I’ve been a resident of Buffalo Grove for 43 years
- I have a history of service to the Village and to the community.
- I am honest, competent, intelligent, independent, experienced, knowledgeable and passionate in what I do.
During my tenure as a Trustee, the Village has been the recipient of many awards. The following awards have been received:
- GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), Money Magazine – One of the Best Places to Live in Illinois
- One of the Safest Places to Live in Illinois, Neighborhood Scout – 23rd Safest Places to Live Nationwide
- Money Magazine 46th Best Place to Live – 7th Most Friendly City in the State, 2nd Safest City in Illinois, 22nd Safest City in the United States 2 years in a row
- Awards for the Police & Fire Departments and Public Works
I want Buffalo Grove to remain a safe community where we respond to people’s needs.
- I want to maintain the present or better level of services while keeping property taxes the same.
- Our employees and volunteers are the heart of the Village. I value them.
I WANT TO REPRESENT
THE RESIDENTS of BUFFALO GROVE AS PRESIDENT.
My experience with the Village of Buffalo Grove:
- Trustee 2009-2017
- Commissioner with the Commission For Residents With Disabilities (CRD) -15 years
- Member of the Buffalo Grove 50th Anniversary Committee
- Member of the Buffalo Grove Sign Code Committee
- Member of the Appearance Review Team
- Liaison to Plan Commission, CRD, Board of Health, BG Days Committee, Arts Commission
The Village is made up of residents who depend on me to make decisions that affect them.
- I will listen to them and represent them.
- I will always look at the total picture.
- I am here for the residents of Buffalo Grove.
- I am their voice.
I want everything to be transparent.
- Residents should always know what’s going on in their Village.
- They should be allowed to speak at all meetings as it is written in the BG Municipal Code and OMA.